Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Rule #623

My life is controlled by self imposed rules and regulations. I am a man of fixed and unbending principles… the first of which is to be flexible at all times. With that being said, these rules are simply guidelines used in an attempt to keep myself in check.

The most recent addition to my fixed and unbending principles is Rule #623 (arbitrary number)… thou shall not consume more than SIX alcoholic beverages on any given night (does not apply to special events and house gatherings). This rule was put in place for a number of reasons, none of which I’ll discuss. Okay maybe I discuss a few… after six stiff drinks I’m more than buzzed, but not drunk, my inhibitions are defused, I’m conscious of what I’m doing, and not hungover the next morning/afternoon.

Side Note: the two nights I’ve applied rule #623 have been the best since moving to SD. The others ones I just don’t remember (kidding… kind of).